Friday, March 6, 2015

Magnum Thrax REALLY has a five star average now

Okay, before it was sort of a half-truth that the book Magnum Thrax and the Amusement Park of Doom had a five star average. It only had one rating, so technically that probably doesn't qualify.

Well, now it has TWO ratings, both five stars, so I can honestly and without moral qualm claim it has the coveted five star rating average.

And if it falls, well, I'll just ignore the change as long as I can.

Take that, reality!

Best of all, my two reviews are not by people I know, nor did I pay them. No threats were made, no hostages taken, no illegal drugs provided, no sexual favours given.

These reviews are for real and for true, based upon the text, and only the text.

Now a five star rating is not something you might expect for a book with 'amusement park of doom' in the title, I grant you. A lesser writer would never have tackled such a toxic term and incorporated it into their masterpiece.

I have reclaimed the term for the highest kind of literature. The sort Hemingway would have written if he got hit in the head with a brick.

You know what I mean.




No comments:

Post a Comment